Family Connections™ Program AssistantTECH-SAVVY ORGANIZED PLANNER (15 hours / week)
- Downloads applications, Updates database, Posts on calendar.
- The go-to-person for questions from applicants
- Responsible for all event logistics
The mission of National Education Alliance for Borderline Personality Disorder is to provide education, raise public awareness and understanding, decrease stigma, promote research, and enhance the quality of life of those affected by Borderline Personality Disorder and/or related problems, including emotion dysregulation.
NEABPD serves the Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) community at large through building awareness and providing the most current information and research on the disorder. NEABPD serves professionals, persons in recovery, and families impacted by BPD.
NEABPD’s main program is Family Connections™, a training program for families with a loved one dealing with BPD. Family Connections™ is a free 12-week course that meets weekly to provide education, skills training, and support for people who are in a relationship with someone who has BPD. Focusing on issues that are specific to BPD, it is hosted in a community setting and led by trained group leaders who are usually family members of relatives with BPD. Dr. Alan Fruzzetti and Dr. Perry Hoffman developed the course based on their research as well as their significant professional expertise in counseling people with BPD and their loved ones. Family Connections™ provides: current information and research on BPD and on family functioning; individual coping skills based on Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT); family skills; and group support that builds an ongoing network for family members.
Plans and coordinates the day-to-day administrative and operational activities of our Family Connections™ program. Duties typically include maintaining our database, coordinating event logistics and answering questions mainly via email from our leaders, participants and perspective participants. The person will work remotely on their own schedule and be in contact with the team via phone, email, and video conference calls.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides administrative support maintaining the database of Family Connections™ and registration for events including data entry.
- Coordinates activities and event logistics for weekend trainings and programs.
- Serves as a central point person for communications related to Family Connections™ including answering participant emails.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree; at least 5 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special events.
- Clerical, word processing, and/or office skills.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to interact with staff, volunteers and our leaders in a team environment.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- No or very limited physical effort required.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- Work is normally performed remotely.
To apply please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include your name and FC Program Assistant in the subject line of email.